Monday, December 23, 2013

My baby

How is it possible that my BABY is three years old?  We celebrated her life yesterday and I have been pondering a good deal. Looking back over the blur that has been my life for the last three years. In some ways, it feels like yesterday...her birth. Just having had gallbladder surgery was a stark reminder of the scars she left behind.  But more than scars, she has brought so much joy to our lives. We laugh a good deal more because of our Little Monkey.  

She still seems like such a baby to me and it makes me laugh when I think that we moved to Guatemala on E's third birthday and I thought she was such a big girl. How my perspective changes. 

How will it make me feel when my baby is 16, or 35, or 63?  Will it be the same heart wrenching realization that the years are passing and time is flying and there is nothing I can do to stop it except to stop...and savor. 

Or will I have learned the art of treasuring and pondering as Jesus' mom did. I hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment